|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
||Beiqi Foton, Beijing Hyundai, Beijing Benz Automotive Co., Ltd (BBAC), Foton Daimler
||2009: 1.243 million units, including 0.57 million Hyundai brand vehicles;
2010: 1.501 million units, including 0.7 million from Beijing Hyundai, 0.7 million from Beiqi Foton, and over 50,000 from Beijing Benz;
2011: 1.541 million units.
2012: 1.701 million, including 86,000 from Beijing-Hyundai, 620,300 from Beiqi Foton, 94,000 from Beijing Benz.
2013: 2.16 million (including 202,200 of BAIC brand, 665,000 of Foton brand)
|Current/recent BAIC brand models:
E130/150 hatchback (1.3/1.5L)
E130/150 sedan (1.3/1.5L)
E150 EV (all-electric)
ES 210 (Pure-electric)
Huansu H2 (1.5L)
Huansu H3 (1.5/1.8L)
Huansu H6 (1.8L)
Huansu S2 (1.5L)
Senova CC (1.8/2.0L)
Senova D20 Hatchback (1.3/1.5L)
Senova D20 Sedan (1.3/1.5L)
Senova D20 Cross (1.3/1.5L)
Senova D50 (1.5L)
Senova D60 (1.8L)
Senova D70 (1.8/2.0/2.3L)
Senova D80 (1.8/2.0/2.3L)
Senova X25 (1.3/1.5L)
Senova X35 (1.5L)
Senova X55 (1.5L)
Senova X65 (2.0L)
Weiwang 007 (2.0L)
|Official Web Site–Chinese:
||(BAIC Motor), (BAW), (BAIC Weiwang), (BAIC Senova), (BAIC Huansu), (BAIC New Energy, BJEV)
|Official Web Site–English:
- 1958: was founded as BAW (Beijing Auto Works) and rolled out the first model, a "Jinggangshan" sedan (shown in pics below).
- 1960s: started making popular models like BJ212 jeeps and BJ130 light-duty trucks.
- 1984: on January 15 established the first Sino-foreign auto joint venture in China, Beijing Jeep, with AMC (Americian Motors Corporation). Beijing Jeep later became BBDC (Beijing Benz-Daimler Chrysler Automotive Co., Ltd.).
- 1996. in August founded Beiqi Foton, which was listed in Shanghai in 1998.
- 2002: Beijing-Hyundai was established on October 18, and on December 23 rolled out its first model, a Sonata.
- 2003: on May 24 Beiqi Foton opened new factory in Huairou, Beijing, for making Auman medium- and heavy-duty trucks.
- 2003: signed agreement with Daimler-Chrysler on establishing a joint venture. Foundation stone was laid for Beijing Benz-Daimler Chrysler (BBDC) on December 6, 2004, in Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area in Yizhuang (also called "Beijing eTown").
- 2006: China-made Mercedes-Benz E280 and E200K hit the market on December 22.
- 2007: the joint venture between BAIC and Delphi started production on October 26. Beijing Hainachuan Automotive Parts Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of BAIC, was established on November 30.
- 2008: Beijing-Hyundai rolled out its 1 millionth car on February 22. The joint venture of Beijing Foton Cummins Engine was founded on March 26.
- 2009: founded BAIC New Energy Vehicle and Beijing Pride Power System Technology, two new subsidiaries.
- 2012: launched the Senova (Shenbao) brand. The first Senova model, which was derived from Saab 9-5 and sometimes called D70, was released on May 11, 2013.
- 2013: acquired a 70% stake in Changhe Auto in November, as Chang’an bowed out; the Jiangxi provincial government owned 30% of Changhe.
|News about BAIC:
- New Subcompact SUV from BAIC Yinxiang June 24, 2013
- Former DENZA Designer Joined BAIC Senova May 13, 2013
- Nicolas Cage’s Senova Commercial: “Town of Car Legends” May 13, 2013
- BAIC Releases Senova D Series, a Descendant of Saab 9-5 May 11, 2013
- Hyundai Mistra: Shanghai Motor Show in Pics April 21, 2013
- BAIC E150 EV Will Soon Be Available to Beijing Residents for US$16,000 April 5, 2013
- Nicolas Cage to Endorse Senova, BAIC’s “Saab” February 28, 2013
- Beijing Hyundai Targets 1 Million Sales for 2013 January 1, 2013
- Foton Launches MP-X S, Modeled upon Toyota HiAce December 25, 2012
- Beijing-Hyundai Santa Fe Goes on Sale for US$35,250-49,690 December 24, 2012
- BAIC “Shenbao” D320 (C70G), a Saab 9-5 Variant: 2012 Guangzhou Auto Show in Pics (4) November 22, 2012
- Ground Broken on BBAC’s New Plant for Producing Mercedes-Benz Compacts September 26, 2012
- BAIC Caught Copying VW Tiguan September 11, 2012
- High Costs Threaten Beijing’s Only E-Bus Line September 5, 2012
- Beijing-Hyundai Releases Langdong, the Fifth Gen Elantra Tailored to Chinese Tastes August 24, 2012
- BAIC E130/150 Hatchback, a Mercedes-Benz B-Class Lookalike, Goes on Sale for 8,500$-13,730$ March 20, 2012
- Beijing Hyundai Exaggerated Sonata Sales: Shanghai Securities News June 23, 2011
- Foton Motor Launches “Tunland” Pickup Marque, Opens New Factory in Beijing June 21, 2011
- Sales of Beiqi Foton Slipped 3.1% in the First Five Months June 16, 2011
- BAIC to Release All-electric C30DB and M30RB This Year May 31, 2011