Brands of currnt/recent products:
||Public (600166.SS), a subsidiary of BAIC
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
|Current/recent passenger car models:
Gratour V3 (1.0/1.2L)
Gratour V5 (1.2L)
MPX S-Class (2.4/2.8L)
View G7 (2.0/2.8L)
|Official Web Site–Chinese
|Official Web Site–International
||English), (French), (Spanish), /(Russia), /(Algerie),
- 1996: Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd. was established on August 28 as a subsidiary of BAIC (Beijing Auto).
- 1998: Went public in Shanghai on May 11.
- 2000: Moved headquarters to Changping, Beijing, in August.
- 2008: The joint venture of Foton Cummins was established on March 26; it had a capacity to produce 400,000 engines a year. On December 28, a center for developing and manufacturing new energy vehicles opened in Changping.
- 2009: Signed agreement with Daimler AG on January 29 to establish a 50:50 joint venture for making medium- and heavy-duty trucks in China. On June 9 Foton Cummins opened engine plant, rolling out ISF2.8L and ISF3.8L.
- 2010: Opened European and Russian office in Moscow in June. Launched new "diamond" logo on the company’s 14th anniversary, and set the goal of selling more than 4 million vehicles in 2020.
- 2011: In April, opened a new factory making Auman trucks; signed letter of intent on investing in India. Rolled out its 5 millionth vehicle on the 15th anniversary. Foton Tunland pickup truck made its debut on October 26. Foundation stone laid for plant in Changsha, Hunan, on December 21.
- 2012: Foton-Daimler was officially established on February 18. Foton Tunland went on sale. Announced plan to build vehicle plant in Brazil with an investment of 300 million US dollars.
Foton’s headquarters in Changping, Beijing
|News about Foton:
- Foton Launches MP-X S, Modeled upon Toyota HiAce December 25, 2012
- High Costs Threaten Beijing’s Only E-Bus Line September 5, 2012
- Foton Motor Launches “Tunland” Pickup Marque, Opens New Factory in Beijing June 21, 2011
- Sales of Beiqi Foton Slipped 3.1% in the First Five Months June 16, 2011
- Foton Increases Auman Truck Capacity to 200,000 April 13, 2011
- Foton MP-X MPV Gets More Engine Options April 6, 2011
- Beiqi Foton’s Kenyan Factory Breaks Ground in Nairobi April 4, 2011
- Amid Trouble, Foton Begins Delayed Field Trial of Midi EV in Beijing March 2, 2011
- Foton and Daimler in Truck Joint Venture July 16, 2010
- Foton Sets up European Unit in Moscow June 27, 2010