Brands of current/recent products:
||A joint venture of Brilliance and BMW
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
2 Series Active Tourer (1.5/2.0L)
3 Series (1.6/2.0/3.0L)
5 Series (2.0/3.0L)
60H PHEV (1.5L)
|Sales of BMW China (units):
||2009: 90,536 (including 45,000 from BMW Brilliance)
2012: 303,169 (including 162,620 from BMw Brilliance)
|Official Web Site–Chinese
|Official Web Site–English
- 2003: BMW-Brilliance was registered and established in Shenyang, Liaoning, in May. BMW 325i went on sale in October, BMW 530i in November.
- 2004: Opened a vehicle plant in the Dadong district of Shenyang in May.
- 2005: Opened a BMW training center in Beijing in May. The fifth-gen BMW 3 Series hit the Chinese market in September.
- 2006: Long-wheelbase BMW 5 Series (530Li, 525Li, 523Li), made at the Dadong plant, was launched at the Beijing motor show in November.
- 2007: Opened a BMW parts distribution center in Shanghai in November.
- 2009: Agreement signed on the "BMW Brilliance Phase II Expansion" project. A new vehicle plant would be built in the Tiexi district of Shenyang, with a designed annual production capacity of 100,000 units (later the goal was raised to 200,000).
- 2012: Opened the Tiexi plant in May, which rolled out the long-wheelbase BMW 3 Series in July. On August 2, agreement signed to build a new engine plant in Tiexi, which would open in 2015 and produce 400,000 units a year. BMW X1 rolled off the line in Tiexi in November.
- 2013: Rolled out the all-new BMW 3 Series of the standard wheelbase in January. Launched the "Zinoro" brand, targeting the local market, in Beijing in April.
|News about BMW China:
- BMW-Brilliance Denied Environmental Permit for Tiexi Plant Expansion Project July 30, 2013
- BMW Starts Field Testing of ActiveE in Beijing June 19, 2013
- A BMW Mini Van? May 9, 2013
- Angry BMW X1 Owner Crashed Into Dealership May 7, 2013
- BMW-Brilliance Launched New Auto Brand “Zinoro” April 13, 2013
- BMW-Brilliance to Launch X1-based “Zhinuo” Hybrid Car March 8, 2013
- BMW’s New Plant in Shenyang Hit by Fire July 31, 2012
- Official Pictures of Long-wheelbase BMW 3 Series April 5, 2012
- Chinese-Made BMW X1 Goes on Sale for 282,000-498,000 Yuan March 4, 2012
- German Luxury Car Makers Post Big Q1 China Gains April 13, 2011
- Brilliance A4: China’s “BMVV”? March 5, 2011
- Mini E Goes on Field Trial in China February 22, 2011
- Brilliance China Returns to Profit on Strong BMW Sales February 16, 2011
- Brilliance to Replace M2 sedan (BS4) with A4 February 9, 2011
- BMW January China Sales Topped 20,000 February 8, 2011
- Growth of Luxury Car Sales Doubled That of the Overall Market in 2010 January 14, 2011
- Sadness and Outrage over Boy’s Killing by Reversing BMW X6 September 15, 2010
- BMW 5 Gets Even Longer in China: Brilliance-BMW Releases All-New 2011 5 Series August 5, 2010
- Luxury Car Sales Surged In the First-Half July 6, 2010
- Brilliance BMW Begins Building New Factory June 4, 2010