Brands of current/recent products:
Changan passenger car
Changan commercial vehicle
||A subsidiary of the state-owned China South Industries Group Corporation.
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
||Chongqing Changan Auto, Changan Ford, Changan Mazda, Changan Suzuki, Changan Hafei, Changan PSA, Jiangling Motor Holding (Landwind)
|Current/recent Changan-brand models:
||Alsvin Sedan (1.5L)
Alsvin Hatchback (1.5L)
Alsvin V3 (1.3L)
Alsvin V5 (1.5L)
Alsvin V7 (1.5/1.6L)
Benni Mini (1.0L)
Benni Love (1.3L)
CX30 sedan (1.6/2.0L)
Eado EV (pure-electric)
Eado XT (1.5/1.6L)
Joice (Jiexun) (2.0L)
Z-Shine (Zhixiang) (1.6/2.0L)
Eulove X6 (1.4L)
Star 2 (1.0L)
Star 3 (1.0/1.2L)
Star 4500 (1.3L)
Star 7 (1.4L)
Star 9 (1.5L)
||2009：1.37 million; 2010: 1.9 million; 2011: 1.7 million; 2012: 1.7566 million (230,900 from changan and Chana brands); 2013: 2,120,018 (409,600 from Changan and Chana brands)
|Official Web Site–Chinese:
||, (Chongqing Chang’an)
|Official Web Site–English:
- 1862: Changan Auto traces its history to the Shanghai Foreign Gun Bureau founded by Li Hongzhang in Songjiang, Shanghai, in 1862.
- 1865: Shanghai Foreign Gun Bureau was relocated to Nanjing and re-named Jinling Machine Manufacturing Bureau.
- 1929: Jinling Machine Manufacturing Bureau was renamed Jinling Arsenal, which was moved to Chongqing due to the Sino-Japanese war (1937-1945).
- 1949: After the founding of the People’s Republic of China, the Arsenal became a branch of the Ministry of the Military Industry.
- 1957: Chongqing Arsenal rolled out the first China-made Jeep, Changjiang-46. Between 1957 and 1963, a total of 1,390 units of the Jeep were produced.
- 1984: Produced the first Changan-brand mini truck.
- 1993: Ground was broken on June 8 for the Changan-Suzuki joint venture in Chongqing.
- 1996: Chongqing Changan Automobile Co., Ltd. was established on October 13 and became listed in Shenzhen.
- 1998: The Chana Star mini van went on sale.
- 2001: Changan-Ford was established on April 25 in Chongqing. Changan Engine was opened on June 16. Rolled out its one millionth vehicle on July 27.
- 2002: Hebei Changan Automobile Co, Ltd. was founded on July 8.
- 2003: Started to construct a vehicle plant in Nanjing on March 28.
- 2004: Changan-Ford Mondeo rolled off the line in January.
- 2005: Changan-Ford opened a Nanjing branch in April. Changan-Suzuki Swift was released on May 27. The first Changan-Ford Focus was produced on September 9. On September 27, Changan-Ford-Mazda started to build an engine plant. Landwind Fashion rolled off the line on December 30.
- 2006: Mazda3 rolled off the line on February 27.
- 2007: Changan-Ford-Mazda opened its engine plant in Nanjing on April 26. Launched China’s first hydrogen ICE on June 18. Mazda2 rolled off the line in Nanjing on September 24, Changan Joice Hybrid in Chongqing on December 13.
- 2008: Changan Z-Shine (CV8) rolled off the line on March 26. Opened a design office in Japan on April 17. Signed contract with Iran’s PIDF Corp on May 30 to assemble Changan Benni (CV6) in the West Asian country.
- 2009: Changan Alsvin hit the market on March 18. Took control of Changhe Auto, Changhe-Suzuki, Hafei Auto, and Dongan Auto Engine in November through an agreement with the Aviation Industry Corporation of China.
- 2010: Changan CX30 hatchback hit showrooms in May, the sedan version in December. Changan CX20 was released on November 3, Chanan Taurustar van on November 16.
- 2011: The joint venture of Changan Peugeot Citroen (CAPSA, Changan-PSA) was established in November.
- 2012: In February, deployed a fleet of Changan E30 EVs as taxis in Fangshan, Beijing, in a demonstration program. Chana Honor MPV was released on February 23, Changan Eado March 27, Changan Raeton on April 16, Changan CS35 SUV on October 30.
- 2013: Chana Eulove MPV hit showrooms on April 2. Changan CS75 was launched at the Frankfurt motor show in September.
|News about Changan Auto:
- Ford’s China Sales Soared 49.3% in 2013 to 935,813 January 7, 2014
- Changhe Auto Seeks to Quit Changan August 1, 2013
- Changan Set to Open Dianjiang Proving Ground Next Month June 7, 2013
- Ford EcoSport Mini SUV Hits Showrooms, Priced from 94,800 Yuan March 19, 2013
- Changan-Ford Develops Focus-derived “Jiayue” EV December 4, 2012
- Hafei Auto to Make Ford Fiesta? December 1, 2012
- Changan Raeton Rolled Off the Line in Beijing December 1, 2012
- Both Mazda CX-5 and CX-7 Will Be Built in China November 29, 2012
- Changan Eu-love CDV: 2012 Guangzhou Auto Show in Pics (5) November 23, 2012
- Changan-Ford Launched the EcoSport Mini SUV November 23, 2012
- Changan to Sell Re-badged First-gen Mazda3 as Cinturx November 15, 2012
- Changan CS35 Compact SUV Hits the Market at US$12,635/13,275 October 30, 2012
- Changan-Ford Kuga Makes Its Debut in Beijing October 30, 2012
- Changan’s New Star Mini Van: Official Pics Released October 17, 2012
- Changan-Ford to Release EcoSport with Extended Wheelbase October 9, 2012
- China Sales of Ford Focus Reach 1 Million September 29, 2012
- Ford Broke Ground on New Factories in Chongqing, Hangzhou August 30, 2012
- Changan Raeton Mid-size Sedan: 2012 Beijing Auto Show in Pictures (3) April 27, 2012
- Changan Eado Compact Sedan Hits the Market with a Starting Price of $11,709 March 27, 2012
- Changan Auto Begins Real-world Tests of E30 EV in Fangshan, Beijing March 10, 2012