Brands of current/recent products:
||a joint venture of Dongfeng, Jiangsu Yueda, and Kia.
Cerato Sedan (1.6/1.8L)
Cerato Hatchback (1.6L)
K4 Concept (1.8/2.0L)
|Official Web Site–Chinese:
|Official Web Site–English:
- 2001: On November 27, agreement was signed between Dongfeng Motor, Jiangsu Yueda Group, and Kia in Beijing on establishing a three-way joint venture.
- 2002: Dongfeng Yueda Kia (DYK) was established on August 28 in Yancheng, Jiangsu. Kia Qianlima (a re-badged 1997 Hyundai Accent) rolled off the line on November 18 and hit the market on December 2.
- 2003: Opened its first "4S" store in Beijing on February 20. The second-gen Kia Qianlima was released on August 8.
- 2004: Hyundai-Kia Chairman Chung Mong Koo visited Yancheng on May 15, signing contract on building DYK’s No.2 plant in the city. Locally made Kia Carnival hit showrooms on June 9, Kia Optima on September 10.
- 2005: Kia Cerato was released on August 18. Ground was broken for DYK’s No.2 plant on October 28.
- 2006: Launched Kia Rio at the Beijing motor show in November.
- 2007: China-made Kia Rio went on sale on January 18, Sportage on October 25. Opened the No.2 plant on December 8.
- 2008: Opened sales headquarters in Nanjing, Jiangsu, on November 28.
- 2009: Unveiled Kia Forte at the Shanghai motor show in April. Opened a training center in Yancheng on May 11. Kia Forte was released on June 18. Kia Soul was introduced at the Guangzhou motor show in November and hit the market on December 18.
- 2010: Kia Sportage R made its debut at the Beijing motor show in April and was released on October 20. Rolled out its 1 millionth car at the No.2 plant in Yancheng on June 22. Kia K5 was unveiled at the Guangzhou motor show in December.
- 2011: Kia K5 was released on March 10, Kia K2 on July 20.
- 2012: Started constructing the No.3 plant in Yancheng on June 29. Kia K3 was launched at the Chengdu motor show in late August and was released on October 16. Rolled out its 2 millionth car on October 26.
- 2013: Launched the China-only "Horki" brand at the Shanghai motor show in April.
|News about Kia:
- Kia Started Trial Run of Horki EV May 14, 2013
- Kia Horki Concept: Shanghai Motor Show in Pics April 21, 2013
- Hyundai Mistra: Shanghai Motor Show in Pics April 21, 2013
- Spy Shots of Beijing-Hyundai’s New Compact Sedan, Placed above Elantra January 28, 2013
- Kia to Launch “Huaqi,” “Dianyue” Brands for the Chinese Market December 5, 2012
- Kia K3 Hits Market with a Starting Price of US$16,400 October 16, 2012
- Kia K5 Gets Lighter “Nu” Engine for 2012 March 12, 2012
- Hyundai-Kia’s China Market Share Rose to 10.4% in April May 23, 2011
- Dongfeng-Yueda-Kia Releases Third Generation Optima, the K5 March 10, 2011
- Kia to Build Third Chinese Plant in Nanjing March 4, 2011
- China Accounted for 1/5 of Hyundai-Kia’s Global Sales in 2010 January 7, 2011
- Dongfeng Sales Gained 37.8% to 2.615 Million Units in 2010 January 7, 2011
- With 2011 Sportage R, Hyundai-Kia Engages a Rare “4WD” Mode October 22, 2010
- September Sales: Shanghai-GM, Shanghai-VW (Skoda), Hyundai-Kia, Chery October 10, 2010
- August Sales: Ford, GM, Hyundai-Kia, Mazda, Shanghai Volkswagen, Skoda, Audi September 3, 2010
- Upcoming Releases: 2011 Sportage (SL) from Dongfeng-Yueda-Kia July 15, 2010
- Dongfeng-Yueda-Kia Marks Production of One Million Vehicles June 22, 2010