Brands of current/recent products:
||a joint venture of SAIC and GM
|Main Subsidiaries and Alliances:
Excelle GT (1.4/1.5L)
Excelle XT (1.6L)
Park Avenue (3.0L)
Regal GS (2.0L)
GL8 Avenir (2.0L)
GL8 ES (2.0L)
Verano GS and Hatchback (1.5L)
Aveo Hatchback (1.4/1.6L)
Aveo Notchback (1.4/1.6L)
Cruze Hatchback (1.6L)
Cruze Sedan (1.4/1.5L)
Lova RV (1.5L)
Sail Sedan (1.3/1.5L)
Sail Hatchback (1.2/1.4L)
Springo EV (Sail)
2013: 1,575,167 (809,918 from Buick, 715,244 from Chevrolet, 50,005 from Cadillac)
|Official Web Site–Chinese:
||, (GM China), (Buick China), (Chevrolet China), (Cadillac China)
|Official Web Site–English:
|| (GM China)
- 1997: Was founded in June. Construction of the Jinqiao plant in Pudong, Shanghai, started in January.
- 1998: Rolled out the first Buick Century in December.
- 1999: Started mass production of Buick sedans in April. The first Buick GL8 rolled off the line in December.
- 2000: The compact Sail sedan, bearing the Buick badge, was launched in October and rolled off the line in December.
- 2001: Buick Sail hit the market in June. Exported Buick GL10 to the Philippines and rolled out the 100,000th Buick car in October.
- 2002: In December: annual sales topped 100,000; signed contract to export to Canada; agreed to restructure an auto venture in Yantai, Shandong; launched Buick Regal.
- 2003: Launched Buick Excelle in April. Started expanding the Jinqiao plant in October.
- 2004: Announced plan in March to restructure Shenyang Jinbei-GM Auto and Shandong Daewoo Engine. Launched the Cadillac brand in China with a ceremony held at the Imperial Ancestral Temple in Beijing in June. Buick Royaum was unveiled in December.
- 2005: The Chevrolet brand was launched in January. Introduced the Chevy Aveo in July and Lova in November.
- 2006: Buick LaCrosse was launched in February. Shipped Chevy Sails to Chile in August. Cadillac SLS was launched in November.
- 2007: Unveiled Chery Epica in March, Buick Park Avenue in April. The Buick Riviera concept made its debut at the Shanghai motor show in April. Exported Cadillac SLS to the Middle East in October. Chevy Captiva SUV was launched in November.
- 2008: Rolled out its 2 millionth car in February. Unveiled all-new Cadillac CTS in March. Buick LaCrosse Eco-Hybrid was released in July. In December, opened the Beisheng plant in Shenyang, Liaoning, rolling out the Chevy Cruze.
- 2009: Chevy Cruze hit the market in April. The revamped Buick LaCrosse was released in July. Ground was broken for the Guangde Proving Ground in October. Buick Excelle XT/GT was launched at the Guangzhou motor show in November. Rolled out its 3 millionth car in December.
- 2010: Buick Excelle XT/GT and all-new Chevy Sail were released.
- 2011: Rolled out its 5 millionth car in September. The imported Chevy Volt was released in November.
- 2012: Chevy Malibu hit the market in January. Production started in October at the Dongyue Plant Phase III in Yantai, Shandong. Foundation stone was laid for the Wuhan branch in June. Opened the Guangde Proving Ground (in Guangde, Anhui) in September. China-made Buick Encore went on sale in October.
- 2013: Locally built Cadillac XTS hit the market in February, Chevy Cruze hatchback in September.
|News about GM:
- SAIC-GM to Launch “Chevrolet Cavalier”, a Sibling of Buick Excelle GT August 22, 2016
- SGMW to Release Baojun 630 Hatchback Next Year July 30, 2013
- Shanghai-GM Broke Ground on Cadillac Plant June 19, 2013
- 2013 Buick Riviera Concept: Shanghai Auto Show in Pics April 19, 2013
- Shanghai-GM Released Cadillac XTS, Priced from $56,163 February 26, 2013
- SAIC Sales Rose 12% to 4.49 Million in 2012 January 7, 2013
- 2012 Sales of SGMW Topped 1.45 Million January 4, 2013
- Shanghai-GM Aims to Sell 1.45 Million Cars in 2013 November 29, 2012
- Shanghai-GM Releases Springo Sail EV: 2012 Guangzhou Auto Show in Pics (1) November 22, 2012
- SGMW Opens “Baojun Auto City” November 20, 2012
- Buick Excelle to Get Smaller, 1.5L Engine for 2013 November 14, 2012
- Shanghai-GM To Release All-Electric “Springo,” Derived from Sail EV Concept November 13, 2012
- SGMW To Build Factory in Chongqing October 25, 2012
- Buick Park Avenue Is Coming to an End October 22, 2012
- Shanghai-GM Releases Crippled Buick Encore October 11, 2012
- Cadillac XTS from Shanghai-GM to Get 2.0L Turbo (LTG) and 3.0L V6 (LFX) Engines October 8, 2012
- GM Opens Guangde Proving Ground September 24, 2012
- Chevy Malibu Sales Quadrupled in August on US$4,000 Price Cut September 17, 2012
- First Wuling Rongguang Microvan Rolls off Line in Egypt as Chevy Move N300 May 13, 2012
- Sales of Shanghai GM Dipped in April May 8, 2012